The lower chest area is the hardest part of the body when it comes to workouts. Many guys find it difficult to develop these muscles fully. You can build powerful arms, abs and thigh muscles but getting perfect lower pecs is not easy. If you do a lower chest workout with a good trainer you will see the result pretty soon.
Effective Chest Workouts
Below mentioned are lower chest workouts that can help you to get the result effectively.
- Recline Bench Press: This movement targets the lower part of your pectorals which helps to widen your chest with a round and defined shape. To make this exercise more effective retract your shoulder blades and control the weight at all times.
- Dumbbell Fly: It will help you got to get a good stretch as well as contraction, besides developing your lower pecs the declined dumbbell fly also trains your upper chest, biceps and the front of your shoulders.
- Chest Dip: The main trick while doing chest dips is to lean forward and put pressure on your chest rather than your triceps or shoulders. Also, your elbows should be a bit wider than your shoulders. This way you will exercise your chest better.
- Cable Cross Over: This exercise does not involve any triceps activity that is why it will allow you to concentrate on your lower chest workout. Remember to squeeze your chest muscles when you are in the contracted position.
- The Seated Machine Fly: The seated machine fly is a great exercise for the lower chest area. It will work on your inner and outer pecs as well as anterior delts. Remember to breathe normally while doing this exercise and do not press your legs.
- Push-ups: While most people consider push-ups a warm-up exercise it is actually quite effective for developing your chest muscles. The main trick to make this area work better is to position your hands wider than shoulder-width apart.
- The Machine Chest Press: The machine chest press not only targets your lower chest but also develops your biceps and deltoids. To make this exercise as effective as possible, retract your shoulder blades and try to tighten mostly your chest muscles.
Things To Be Kept In Mind While Doing Lower Chest Workout
Most professional bodybuilders use the rest day method after performing a lower chest workout. According to this method, after a rest day, you have more energy to do a full-on chest workout. In addition to this, do not try to plan any chest workout the day after you had triceps.
It is important to give full rest to your arms and shoulders before you begin chest exercises. Do not rotate your shoulders too much always keep them retracted when you perform any pressing motion as there is a possibility that you damage your ACE joints which are a joint located at the top of your shoulder and the tissues around it.
These exercises are known to be the best exercises for lower chest workouts. One can also do this at home and there is no need to join a fitness center for this. For good results, one needs to perform the exercises regularly.